Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Tuition and Fees.

Tuition and Fees

The Bursar’s Office is located in the Wille Administration Building, Room 103, and the telephone number is 212-650-8700.

Tuition is set by the University Board of Trustees and is subject to change without notice of their actions. Students should arrange to pay their total tuition, fees and charges as the final step of the registration process if they wish to be admitted to classes. Students who may be eligible for financial assistance or grants should consult with the Financial Aid Office as early as possible.

Undergraduate Tuition Per Semester

Resident Students

Non-Resident Students


$3465 per Semester

$620 per Credit


$305 per Credit

$620 per Credit

Non-degree Students

$445 per Credit

$915 per Credit

*Mandatory Fees

$204.95 full-time

$204.95 full-time

$118.95 part-time

$118.95 part-time

Semester Fees



Consolidated Fee



Technology Fee

$125 (Full Time)

$125 (Full-Time)


$62.50 (Part-Time)

$62.50 (Part-Time)

Student Activity Fee

$63.50 (Full-Time)

$63.50 (Full-Time)


$40.00 (Part-Time)

$40.00 (Part-Time)

 Student Senate Fee



Application Fees

Undergraduate Freshmen


Undergraduate Transfer






Late Registration


Change of Program


Duplicate Receipt


Returned Check Fee


Late Payment Fee




Make-up Examination, first in semester


Make-up Examination, second in semester


Duplicate ID Card


Duplicate Diploma


Senior Citizens

$80 ($65 + $15 consolidated fee)

** Subject to change through a student referendum & Board approval

There may be other costs and fees associated with academic work, such as textbooks and studio or lab materials. Notice of additional fees will appear in the course listing in each semester's Schedule of Classes.

Senior Citizen Fees

Individuals who have reached the age of 60 prior to the first day of a semester may enroll for undergraduate courses on an audit basis and pay only the Senior Citizen’s fee of $65.00 plus the $15.00 consolidated fee. Persons in this category may enroll on a space available basis after degree students have had an opportunity to register. Students must document their eligibility by submitting a copy of one of the following:

  • Medicaid card

  • Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID

  • Birth Certificate

Excess Hours

Excess hours are contact hours (class hours) in excess of credit hours. Graduate students taking classes that have more contact hours than credit hours pay an excess contact hour charge. For example, if a 3-credit class meets 5 hours a week, a NY State resident student pays $65 per excess contact hour ($130 for 2 extra hours) and a non-NY State resident pays $85 per excess contact hour ($170 for 2 extra hours).

Tuition Refunds

When courses are cancelled by the College, a full refund of appropriate tuition and fees will be made. In other cases, tuition refunds will be made or liability reduced only in accordance with Board of Trustees regulations. Further information can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. On approved applications, proportionate refunds of tuition will be made in accordance with the schedule below. The date on which the application is filed, not the last date of attendance, is considered the official date of the student’s withdrawal and serves as the basis for computing any refund.

Withdrawal before the first day of classes (as published in the Academic Calendar)


Withdrawal before completion of the first full scheduled week of classes


Withdrawal before completion of the second full scheduled week of classes


Withdrawal before completion of third full scheduled week of classes


Withdrawal beyond third week


Consolidated, student activity, materials and technology fees are not refundable.

Payment of Collection Costs

Students who do not make full payment of their tuition, fees and other college bills and whose account is sent to a collection agency will be responsible for all collection costs, including agency fees, attorney fees, and court costs, in addition to whatever amounts are owed to the College. In addition, non-payment or a default judgment against a student’s account may be reported to a credit bureau and be reflected in their credit reports.

New York State Residency Requirements

Students are assigned residency status when admitted to the College. Since residency determines tuition rates, students should know their classifications. If there is a question of status it is the responsibility of the student to prove residency. A "CUNY Residency Form" is available at the Office of the Registrar. New students must apply through the Office of Admissions.

The Financial Aid Office administers federal and state funds, as well as those provided by special programs and the College itself. Federal funds may be disbursed only to those who maintain their academic standing and are not in default of a student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant. For the most recent information on application filing procedures, deadline dates, and eligibility criteria for the various programs, students are urged to contact the Financial Aid Office.

For additional information, see the CUNY Website describing New York State residency


  *For further information or additional questions, please visit the Bursar website.