Skip to Main Content



For information about academic requirements, application procedures, placement examinations and special admissions programs, consult the front of this Bulletin.

Changing Majors within the College

Students at City College who want to change their major to architecture must apply to the School of Architecture. A limited number of applicants may be accepted each year.

Transfer and Previous Degree Students

Students with previous college course work or degrees may be exempted from some of the required and elective general education courses. An evaluation of a student’s transfer credits is made by the Spitzer School advisement. Those wishing to apply must complete a CUNY Transfer Application. Once accepted students are individually evaluated on the basis of past academic work. A portfolio is required only for those who previously studied architecture.

Applicants from Other Institutions

Applicants who have earned a B.S. degree in Architecture at another institution should submit a transfer student application. Accepted applicants will be asked to present a portfolio containing examples of their work. Placement in studio is based on portfolio evaluation.